2017 Indian Motorcycle Indian® Roadmaster® - Two-Tone Option
If you have the means, you can buy almost any bike. But an Indian® Roadmaster® has to be earned. On the road. Two up. Mile after glorious mile. This is a machine built for the long haul. With the craftsmanship and innovation discerning riders demand. So forget the shortcuts. Get out there and explore. Be legendary.
- Heritage inspired powerplant: Designed from the ground up, the Thunder Stroke® 111 is a powerful engine offering premium performance, as well as legendary features inspired by the Power Plus motor of the 1940s: Multi-directional finned valve covers; Downward firing exhaust; Large, parallel push-rod tubes; Organic, asymmetric fin styling; Right-hand drive; Right-hand cam cover; Classic 2/3 head-to-cylinder neck down
- 37+ Gallons of Cargo Space: The longer the hauls, the better. The Indian Roadmaster® offers over 37 gallons of weatherproof storage between the saddlebags, trunk, fairing and lowers. The storage compartments in the lowers can be accessed from the front seat, and the saddlebags and trunk can be locked and unlocked remotely with the key fob.
- Remote-Lockable Hard Saddlebags and Trunk: Your cargo is protected inside convenient, spacious hard saddlebags with weatherproof seals. You can even lock them remotely using a console-mounted button, or via the bike’s key fob.
- Outstanding steering geometry: The steering geometry of the Roadmaster® was engineered to deliver light, responsive handling, whether ridden solo with no cargo or two-up with full saddlebags.
- Chrome headdress: The most powerful icon in motorcycling. Since 1947, the illuminated headdress has graced the front fender of nearly every Indian Motorcycle®, guiding the way from legend to legend.
- ABS braking: With ABS braking, you'll ride with confidence, knowing you can brake under control in any situation.
- Design inspiration: To design this fairing, our team looked for inspiration outside of the motorcycle industry. They landed on the sleek and powerful streamliner locomotives of the 1950s. With these classically styled machines as their guide, a new icon for Indian Motorcycle® was born.
- LED head and driving lights: As if the Roadmaster® wasn't already premium enough, it also includes LED lighting from end to end, illuminating the road for safer riding, day or night.
- 119 ft-lbs of torque: The Thunder Stroke® 111 produces extraordinary torque at low RPM, so you can accelerate hard with power to spare in every gear.
- Adjustable passenger floor boards: Spacious, adjustable floorboards provide room to move your feet and legs, for all-day comfort on even the longest rides.
- Premium leather driver/passenger seat: A plush, leather two-up seat delivers long-riding comfort, with independent heat controls for you and your passenger.
- Push button height-adjustable windshield: With a push of a handlebar-mounted button, this windshield can quickly raise or lower up to 4 inches electronically. Lower it to enjoy the cooling airflow. Or raise it to block out wind and rain.
- Internally wired handlebars: This high-profile area features all-chrome hand controls. Plus, all of the wiring is routed inside the handlebars for a clean, premium-quality look.
- The Indian Motorcycle® RIDE COMMAND™ System: Pinch. Swipe. Tap. All without removing your gloves. Through this industry-leading seven-inch display, you can get turn-by-turn directions. Quickly find points of interest. Play Bluetooth® audio. Check vehicle information and status, plus a whole lot more. And thanks to split-screen technology, you can easily customize the display to focus on the details that matter to you most.
- Cruise control: Automotive-quality cruise control is easy to set and adjust for smooth, relaxed highway cruising.
- Premium Concert Audio: The Indian Roadmaster® features an integrated 200 watt audio system that delivers premium-quality sound from high-output fairing and trunk speakers. Smartphones and other audio sources can be connected via cable or Bluetooth®.
- Keyless ignition: Never fumble for your key again. With the proximity fob in your pocket, just climb on, press the start button and ride away. Misplace your fob? Simply enter your personal security code and go.
- Cast aluminum frame: The Roadmaster's® cast aluminum frame is lightweight yet exceptionally strong, providing excellent low-speed handling. There's no frame flex at speed in the corners, and you'll experience confidence-inspiring stability on the highway, where it matters most.
- Weather protection and Additional Storage: The Roadmaster's® hard lowers are designed to provide outstanding weather protection, not to mention even more storage.
- Engine Type: Thunder Stroke® 111
- Displacement: 111 cu in. (1811 cc)
- Bore x Stroke: 3.976 in. x 4.449 in. (101 mm x 113 mm)
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Electronic Fuel Injection System: Closed loop fuel injection / 54 mm bore
- Primary Drive: Gear Drive Wet Clutch
- Drive/Driven Clutch: Wet, Multi-Plate
- Final Drive: 2.2 : 1
- Peak Torque: 119.2 ft-lbs (161.6 Nm)
- Peak Torque RPM: 3000 rpm
- 1st: 9.403 : 1
- 2nd: 6.411 : 1
- 3rd: 4.763 : 1
- 4th: 3.796 : 1
- 5th: 3.243 : 1
- 6th: 2.789 : 1
- Suspension: Front - Type/Travel: Telescopic Fork / 4.7 in. (119 mm)
- Front Fork Tube Diameter: 46 mm
- Suspension: Rear - Type/Travel: Single Shock w/ Air Adjust / 4.5 in. (114 mm)
- Brakes/Front: Dual / 300mm Floating Rotor / 4 Piston Caliper
- Brakes/Rear: Single / 300mm Floating Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper
- Wheels/Front: Cast 16 in. x 3.5 in.
- Wheels/Rear: Cast 16 in. x 5 in.
- Tires/Front: Dunlop® Elite 3 130/90B16 73H
- Tires/Rear: Dunlop® Elite 3 Multi-Compound 180/60R16 80H
- Exhaust: Split Dual Exhaust w/ Cross-Over
- Wheelbase: 65.7 in. (1668 mm)
- Seat Height: 26.5 in. (673 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 5.5 in. (140 mm)
- Overall Height: 58.7 in. (1491 mm)
- Overall Length: 104.6 in. (2656 mm)
- Overall Width: 39.4 in. (1000 mm)
- Rake: 25 deg.
- Trail: 5.9 in. (150.0 mm)
- Fuel Capacity: 5.5 gal. (20.8 L)
- GVWR: 1385 lb. (630 kg)
- Weight (Empty Tank / Full of Fuel): 912 lb. / 944 lb. (414 kg /428 kg)
- Color / Graphics: Steel Gray over Thunder Black, Willow Green over Ivory Cream, Thunder Black over Ivory Cream
- Lights: Pathfinder LED Lights (headlight, fog lights, turn signals, tail light trunk, tail light, trunk interior light, and headdress fender light).
- Gauges: Fairing mounted instrument cluster featuring analog speedometer and tachometer, with fuel gauge, range, odometer and current gear. 15 LED telltale indicators; cruise control enabled, cruise control set,neutral, high beam, turn signal, ABS, check engine, low tire pressure, battery, low fuel, security system, low engine oil pressure and MPH or Km/H unit designation.
- Ride Command™: 7" Touchscreen including realtime clock; ambient air temperature; heading; audio information display; vehicle trouble code readout; Vehicle Status (tire pressure, voltage, engine hours, oil change); Vehicle Info (speed, fuel range, RPM, gear position); Dual Trip Meters (fuel range, miles, average fuel economy, instantaneous fuel economy time, average speed); Ride Data (heading, moving time, stop time, altitude, altitude change); Bluetooth connectivity for phone and headset; Map/Navigation
- Standard Equipment: ABS; Cast Aluminum Frame with Integrated Air-Box; Cruise Control; Highway Bar; Keyless Start; Horizon Power Shield; Desert Tan Genuine Leather Seats; Remote Locking Hard Saddle Bags; Remote Locking Trunk; Tire Pressure Monitoring; 200 Watt Stero with AM/FM, Bluetooth, USB, Smartphone Compatible Input, and Weatherband; Heated Rider & Passenger Seats; Heated Grips; Adjustable Passenger Floorboards; 37.6 Gallons of Storage.
- Engine Type
- Thunder Stroke® 111
- 111 cu in. (1811 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.976 in. x 4.449 in. (101 mm x 113 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Closed loop fuel injection / 54 mm bore
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic Fork / 4.7 in. (119 mm)
- Rear Suspension
- Single Shock w/ Air Adjust / 4.5 in. (114 mm)
- Front Brakes
- Dual / 300mm Floating Rotor / 4 Piston Caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Single / 300mm Floating Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper
- Front Tire
- Dunlop® Elite 3 130/90B16 73H
- Rear Tire
- Dunlop® Elite 3 Multi-Compound 180/60R16 80H
- 65.7 in. (1668 mm)
- Seat Height
- 26.5 in. (673 mm)
- 25 deg.
- 5.9 in. (150.0 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.5 gal. (20.8 L)
- Dry Weight
- 912 lb. (414 kg)
- Steel Gray over Thunder Black, Willow Green over Ivory Cream, Thunder Black over Ivory Cream