2018 BMW R nineT Scrambler
Honest. Untamed. Air-cooled.
Feel the wind, lean into every curve and experience the freedom in every mile you ride – the BMW R nineT Scrambler empowers you to do your own thing. Tough, unconventional, and against established standards. Made for true characters who want their bike to be pure and minimalistic.
See, hear, feel.
The unique sound of the R nineT Scrambler is a real attention grabber. The classic 1200 cc boxer engine and its high-positioned dual silencer give the bike a powerful voice.
Compared to the R nineT, the handlebars are placed higher and the comfortable seat is repositioned. This ensures a confident and relaxed seating position for every rider. In combination with the slightly longer spring travel, you'll overcome rough spots with ease.
Dual sport tires, a high exhaust system, and a relaxed, upright riding position help the Scrambler keep riding where the pavement ends. The 19-inch front wheel, the analog tachometer, a purist steel tank in monolith metallic matte and other unique details turn the Scrambler into a high-quality classic. And with just a few steps you can give the R nineT Scrambler your own individual touch.
Pure Scrambler. Pure BMW Motorrad. The R nineT Scrambler is at the highest level in matters of safety, reliability and quality. Standard ABS and optional ASC provide extra safety.
Make your statement with the R nineT Scrambler.
- Type: Air/oil-cooled flat twin ('Boxer') 4-stroke engine, two camshafts and four radially aligned valves per cylinder, central balancer shaft
- Bore x stroke: 101 mm x 73 mm
- Capacity: 1,170 cc
- Rated output: 110 hp (81 kW) at 7,750 rpm
- Max. torque: 86 lb-ft (116 Nm) at 6,000 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.0 : 1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic intake pipe injection
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-4
- Maximum speed: Over 125 mph
- Fuel consumption per 100 km at constant 90 km/h: 45 mpg (WMTC)
- Fuel type: Premium Unleaded
- Alternator: Three-phase alternator 720 W
- Battery: 12 V / 14 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Single dry plate clutch, hydraulically operated
- Gearbox: Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical cut gears
- Drive: Shaft drive
- Frame: Three-section frame consisting of one front and two rear sections, load-bearing engine-gearbox unit, removeable pillion frame for single ride use
- Front wheel location / suspension: Telescopic forks with 43 mm fixed-tube diameter
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Cast aluminum single swinging arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; central spring strut, spring preload steplessly adjustable by hook wrench, rebound-stage damping adjustable
- Suspension travel front / rear: 4.9" / 5.5" (125 mm / 140 mm)
- Wheelbase: 60.1" (1,522 mm)
- Castor: 4.3" (110.6 mm)
- Steering head angle: 61.5°
- Wheels: Cast aluminum wheels
- Rim, front: 3.00 x 19"
- Rim, rear: 4.50 x 17"
- Tyres, front: 120/70 R 19
- Tyres, rear: 170/60 R 17
- Brake, front: Twin-disc brakes, diameter 320 mm, 4-piston callipers
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 265 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad ABS
- Length: 85.6" (2,175 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 34.6" (880 mm)
- Height (excl. mirrors): 52.3" (1,330 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: 32.3" (820 mm)
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: 72.0" (1,830 mm)
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled: 485 lbs (220 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 948 lbs (430 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 463 lbs (210 kg)
- Usable tank volume: 4.5 gal (17 l)
- Reserve: Approx. 1 gal (3.5 l)
- Engine Type
- Flat twin ('Boxer') 4-stroke engine, two camshafts and four radially aligned valves per cylinder, central balancer shaft
- 1,170 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 101 mm x 73 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 12.0 : 1
- Fuel System
- Electronic intake pipe injection
- Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical cut gears
- Final Drive
- Shaft drive
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic forks with 43 mm fixed-tube diameter
- Rear Suspension
- Cast aluminum single swinging arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; central spring strut, spring preload steplessly adjustable by hook wrench, rebound-stage damping adjustable
- Front Brakes
- Twin-disc brakes, diameter 320 mm, 4-piston callipers
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, diameter 265 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 R 19
- Rear Tire
- 170/60 R 17
- 60.1 in. (1,522 mm)
- Seat Height
- 32.3 in. (820 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.5 gal. (17 L)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 485 lb. (220 kg)
- Monolith Metallic Matt